About The Informed Health Care Plan
The Informed Health Care Plan is comprehensive plan to reform the American health care system in a way that will benefit everyone. It was crafted by parties on all sides of the issue: patients, providers, hospital administrators, health insurance companies, malpractice attorneys and government officials. Spearheaded by Robert Dennis, M.D., the plan seeks to empower and reconnect patients to understanding the cost of health care while bringing transparency to the industry and providing for those who can’t afford to pay.
Please take the time to peruse the site and offer your feedback about how you think we might improve the plan. Any comments you make will be greatly appreciated. Our hope in sharing this plan with you is to create an open discussion about how we might improve health care in our country. If you have any questions or would like to know more about the plan, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com. We thank you for coming to the site and taking the time to consider the ideas that we are sharing and for any feedback you might provide.
Dr. Robert Dennis, M.D.
ROBERT DENNIS, M.D., F.A.A.O.S. C.I.M.E.
Forensic Orthopaedic Specialist
ROBERT DENNIS, M.D., P.A.
Jersey Shore Plaza · Suite One · Door “B”
2040 Sixth Avenue
Neptune, NJ 07753
Phone: (732) 775-5189
Fax: (732) 775-3065
University of Pennsylvania
B.A. Degree 1967
Temple University School of Medicine
M.D. Degree 1971
Abington Memorial Hospital
Hahnemann Medical College 1972-1973
Montefiore Medical Center 1973-1976
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Board of Independent Medical Examiners
- Acupuncture Qualified and Registered in State of New Jersey
- Einstein Medical College, Assistant Clinical Professor – Full Time Faculty 1976-1977
- Montefiore Medical Center and Einstein Medical College, Instructor, 1977-1985
- Taught and mentored medical students and residents – 1977-2001
ELECTED POSITIONS HELD:
- Director of Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Jersey Shore Medical Center
- President of the American Academy of New Jersey Chapter of Medical Acupuncture
- Chairman Special Credentials Committee – Jersey Shore Medical Center
- Served as various committees at Jersey Shore Medical Center including Executive Committee
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Fellow
- American College of Forensic Examiners, Fellow
- Academy of Medicine of New Jersey, Fellow
CONTINUING MEDICAL EDUCATION
Participated in Continuing Medical Education beyond regulatory requirements
- Larsen’s Syndrome, An Inherited Disorder, E.T. Haberman, A. Sterling, R. Dennis, The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, 6/76
- Editor of a National Newsletter, Orthopaedic Newsletter
- Clinical Evaluation of the Zickel Nail for Internal Fixation of Subtrochanteric Fractures, The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery (submitted)
- The Medical Disability Advisor , Fourth Edition, Reviewer
- Orthopaedic Surgical Exposures, First and Second Edition.
- Author: Stanley Hoppenfeld, MD. Acknowledged as a contributor in the Anatomy Instruction Course
- Herniated vs. Bulging Discs – Pending Publication
- Authored physicians training manual with supplemental video and certification examination for ProHealth of New Jersey
- Ethical Dilemas in Occupational Medicine and Worker’s Compensation, Presented to the Worker’s Compensation Defense and Occupational Medicine Seminar held in San Francisco, March 1994
- Ethical Dilemmas Confronting Young Physicians, Medical Student & Faculty, University Health Sciences College of Osteopathy Kansas City, 1994
- Roving Lecturer – New Jersey Medical Society
HONORS AND AWARDS:
- Abington Hospital Annual Research Award, 1971
- Exhibit: Metabolic Disease of Bone, AMA, 1971
- Philadelphia Annual Essay Award, 1963
SOCIETIES AND LISTINGS:
- New Jersey Orthopaedic Society
- Medical Society of New Jersey
- Monmouth County Medical Society
- Eastern Orthopaedic Association
- The Peer Review Organization of NJ, Inc., Consultant
- American Academy of Medical Acupuncture, New Jersey Chapter, Past President
- Federation of State Medical Boards
- Orthopaedic Surgeons of New Jersey
- Dennis modified Zickel Nail for Complex Subtrochanteric and Femoral Neck Fractures with Howmedica. (used at Columbia Presbyterian Orthopaedic Department, 1980’s, and other institutions).
- Dennis Hip Pin (modified Knowles-Type Pin)
- Dennis Wire Curle – For use in Hand Surgery, Patent Submission, 1975
- Paper presented to New York Orthopaedic Academy – Larsen’s Sydrome,
An Inherited Disorder, 1975
- The Effect of Estrogen on Bone Healing, with Paul Sweterlitsch, M.D., 1971
- Chromosome Analysis in Leukemic Patients, with Richard Smalley, M.D.
Temple University Medical School, 1970
- Cyperoterone Acetate in Treatment of Cancer of the Prostate, with
Stanley Levick, M.D., Albert Einstein Medical Center, Public Health Service Grant
- Research Assistant in Orthopaedic Pathology for Ernest Aegerter, M.D., Temple Medical College, 1967
- The Effect of Cytotoxins on the Respiratory and Metabolic Function of Yeast, with
Allan Brown, M.D., 1967
- Senior Founding Physician of Seaview Orthopaedics: Established and
developed Seaview Orthopaedics and Medical Associates from it’s onset in 1977.
- President and Founder of ProEval Statewide Inc., a statewide organization providing objective, accurate and meaningful Independent Medical Examinations
- Founded and developed ProHealth of America, Inc. and ProHealth of New Jersey, Inc. Began in 1988. Evolved and implemented a new concept in managed care in Workers’ Compensation. (Company acquired by HIP of New Jersey in 1995)
- Founder, CEO and President of Health and Healingtrust, PA, a national
organization which integrated alternative medicine with traditional care.
- Past Medical Director of HIP Pro, a certified managed care organization.
- Co-Founder and President of Save Our Shores (SOS) 1986-1991, Environmental Organization that is credited with helping to clean up the ocean.
- Past Medical Director of Alternare Group Inc., A National Network of Alternative Care Providers.
- Medical Director of Monmouth Therapeutic & Diagnostic Centers, a physical therapy corporation.
- Founded the Dennis Foundation, 1997, A Philanthropic organization dedicated to support research to find a cure for ALS (Lou Gehrig’s Disease)
- New Jersey
- New York
- Senior Attending Physician, Jersey Shore Medical Center – 1977-2002 Current status: Retired Emeritus
- Attending Physician, CentraState Medical Center, Current status: Retired in good standing.
- Attending Physician, Brick Hospital/Point Pleasant Hospital, Current Status: Retired in good standing.
- Attending Physician, Montefiore Medical Center – Retired – in good standing.
- Attending Physician, Einstein Medical College – Retired – in good standing.
- Neptune, New Jersey, Monmouth County
- Brick, New Jersey, Ocean County
- Woodbridge, New Jersey, Middlesex County